Microsoft PowerPoint 2003
(Turn your speakers on)
Transition effects can be used in a Slide Show. Transitions are the special effects you see when you move from one slide to the next during an on-screen presentation.
Adding Transition Effects
- Display your slides in Slide Sorter view.
- Click on the button
on the Slide Sorter toolbar, or select Slide Show from
the menu bar then choose Slide Transition. Slide Transition
options are displayed in the Task Pane.
- Choose an effect from the list provided.
- Choose the speed of your transition: slow, medium, or fast
(not available for all transition types).
- If you have sound capabilities on your system you can choose a sound
to play when the slide is displayed. (Fun, but not suitable for many presentation
- Choose to advance only on a mouse click (safest) or after a specified
number of seconds.
- Choose Apply to All to apply the effect to all slides.
- Click on the Play button to play the effect in the current view
or click on the Slide Show button to play the effect in a Slide
Removing Transition Effects
If you change your mind and do not want a transition effect, choose No Transition
in step 3 from the list of transition effects available (it’s at the top of
(Article links available with subscription)
- Animation Effects
- Custom Animation
- Animation Schemes