Business Cards are details of Contact information.
You can attach business cards to most Outlook items. When you attach a business
card, Outlook attaches the information in an .vcf file. If attaching the card(s)
to an email using HTML or RTF format, the information
is also displayed as a card within the message area, e.g.
Attach a Business Card
- Create or open the Outlook item you with to attach a business card to.
- Display the Insert Ribbon then click on Business
- If the item you wish to attach is shown in the list, simply click on it,
otherwise choose Other Business Cards to access your Contacts Lists.
Receiving a Business Card
If you receive a business card (.vcf file attachment) in an email, you can
quickly add the info to your Contacts: just right mouse click on the
.vcf file and choose Add to Contacts.
Editing (Designing) a Business Card
- Add a new contact or open an existing contact
- If you have a picture of the contact, click on the Picture button
to add it. If you add a picture for a contact it is automatically displayed
on the Business Card (unless you choose not to display it).
- Click on the Business Card button on the Contact ribbon. A window
similar to the following is displayed:
- Use the image controls in the top right corner to determine the placement
of the image (if any), size of the image, image alignment and background color
for the card.
- To add formatting to a text element, click on the element in the preview
(top) area then use the formatting controls at the right to determine font
style, size, alignment and attributes.
- To move a text element up or down on the card, click on the field
name in the Fields column then click on the up or down arrows at the bottom.
- To remove a text element, click on the field name in the Fields column
then click on the Remove button.
- To add a text element, click on the Add button at the bottom
then select the field element you wish to add.
- Choose OK to apply the changes.