Unlike meetings and appointments, events do not usually take up a specific
block of time during the day. A typical event might be dress-up day at the office
or someone's birthday (which hopefully would be a recurring event). If desired,
you can invite others to an event. Events are displayed at the top of the day
- Display your calendar. Refer to the Calendar
Overview article for more information.
- While pointing in the day view area, click the right mouse button
then choose New All Day Event or double-click in the Events area. A
window similar to the following is displayed:
- Enter a subject, and a location if applicable.
- Select the date the event occurs on, if other than shown.
- Ensure the All day event box is selected (otherwise it will become
- Select a reminder if desired.
- Other optional settings:
- If you have given others the right to view your calendar but do not
wish the details of this event to display, select the Private
option at the bottom right corner of the window.
- If this is a recurring event, click on the
button to specify the pattern. Refer to the Recurring
Appointments, Meetings, and Events article if you need more help.
- If desired, you can categorize
- If applicable, you can also invite others to this event, as you would
a meeting request by clicking
- Choose Save & Close or click on the Send button if you
have invited others, to finish.