Find Large Mail
Is your Outlook account size getting too large? You can easily determine which
items are taking up the greatest amount of space using the Large Mail search
within your search folders (as indicated below). Then what? You have several
- Delete those items you really
- Backup your your Outlook account
to a pst file then delete, delete, delete from your Outlook account (you can
easily retrieve items from the backup should you need them).
- Save the items outside of Outlook. Many organizations use a structured filing
system or Document Management system. Those items (attachments) that are company-related
(vs personal items) would usually be better saved into your corporate document
Finding Large Mail Items
- View your Mail items by clicking on the
button in the folder list.
- Expand Search Folders at the bottom of the folder list within the
- Click on Large Mail - to view items that are taking up a lot of space
in your Outlook account.
If you're missing this item, please refer to the
Creating Search Folders article.
- Notice that the items are sorted into 4 groups:
- Enormous - items over 5 MB
- Huge - 1 to 5 MB
- Very Large - 500 KB to 1 MB
- Large 100 to 500 KB