A signature refers to text to display at the bottom of each email, such as
your name, title, company, contact info, etc. You can specify a different signature
for new emails than for replies and forwards. If you're an MS Word user, think
of this feature as AutoText.
You can also use Signatures to store blocks of text (not just your name and
contact info). You can then insert the blocks, as desired, when composing email
You may create a formal closing to an email containing your full name, position,
company, phone number, etc. as one entry. You may create an informal closing
to an email (like Thanks, Bob) and store this as another entry. You may
create a standard corporate response (Thank you for your interest in
....) and store it as another entry. You can choose one entry as your default
that always pops up in new email messages and insert the others, as desired,
in each new email.
Create, Delete, Or Edit A Signature
(Remember, a 'Signature' can be any block of text.)
- Select Tools from the menu bar then choose Options.
- Select the Mail Format tab.
- Click on the Signatures button. The following window appears (If
you have already created some Signatures, they will be displayed in the list):
- To create a new Signature, click on the New button.
- Enter a name for the new Signature (such as Formal, or Informal,
or Thanks, etc.) then choose OK.
- With the name of your signature selected in the top left pane, enter
your text in the body of the Signature window.
If you wish to include your business
card rather than text, click on Business Card to select and insert
- To add any formatting, select
the text then use the the formatting buttons to apply the desired formatting
- Click on the Save button when done.
- To delete a Signature, in the Signature window, click once on the
Signature name you wish to delete then click on the Delete button.
- To edit a Signature you created previously:
- Click once on the Signature name you wish to edit
- Make your changes, as desired, then click on Save.
- To Rename a Signature, click once on the Signature name you wish
to rename then click on the Rename button. Enter a new name then choose OK.
- To specify default signatures or your messages:
- Use the list button in the New Messages field to select a signature
to insert in all new messages.
- Use the list button in the Replies/forwards field to select a signature
to insert when replying to or forwarding email.
- Choose OK to finish.
Insert Signature In An Email Message
When composing email messages, you can insert saved signatures as follows:
- Create a new email message
(or choose to reply to or forward and existing signature).
- On the Message ribbon or Insert
ribbon, click on the Signatures button.
- Select the Signature title you wish to insert.