Clip Art On Office Online
If you can't find the Clip Art you're
looking for locally (on your computer or server), try searching Microsoft's
Clip Art on Office Online - free to all licensed Microsoft Office users.
And/or try Google Images.
Using Clip Art On Office Online
- In Normal view, display the
side you wish to add Clip Art to.
- Display the Insert ribbon then click on the
Clip Art button .
- The Clip Art Task Pane is displayed.
Click on Clip Art on Office Online (at bottom of the task pane).
- There are several ways to browse this site. You can click on a category
listed towards the bottom of the page or enter your search criteria under
the Clip Art field. Before you click on Search, you can limit your
results to only certain types of Clip Art such as Clip Art (cartoon-type entries),
Photos, Animations, etc. by clicking on the drop-list button to the right
of the Search button. Click on Search when ready.
- Once you have located the image you wish to use, notice the three icons
under it, e.g.
If this is the first time you've visited this site, you may be prompted to
continue the download of the Active X Control. Choose Continue.
- The first button will add the item to you selection basket for downloading
locally to your collection. This can be handy if you think you might want
to use the image again later and don't want to search for it.
- The second button will offer a bigger view and additional image information
such as resolution and dimensions.
- The third button will copy the image to your clipboard so that you can
simply paste it into your document. (Recommended)
If you chose the third button to copy the item to your clipboard, simply
return to your Word document and choose Paste. If you added the item
to your collections, click on Download x Item(s) in your collection
basket (at the left), then choose Download Now. You can then drag
the item(s) from your Clip Organizer on to your page (it's easier the first
Now it's time to have fun formatting the picture!