Once you have inserted an image (photo, picture, clip art), you can easily
add formatting effects to enhance its appearance.
- Insert the image, picture, clip art, etc. Refer to the Inserting
Images article for more information.
- Double-click on the image you wish to format. Notice that a new menu item
(Format) and ribbon appears with choices specific to pictures. It's play time!
- Brightness - Click on Brightness to view brightness correction
choices. Rest your mouse on a selection to preview the effect. Click on
the effect to apply it.
- Contrast - Click on Contrast to view contrast correction choices.
Rest your mouse on a selection to preview the effect. Click on the effect
to apply it.
- Recolor - Click on Recolor to apply a color variant to the image.
Rest your mouse on a select to preview the effect. Click on the effect to
- Compress Pictures - Click on Compress Pictures to reduce the size
of the images within your document. Refer to the Compressing
Images article for more information about the options available for
- Change Picture - Click on Change Picture to replace the current
image with another from an image file, i.e. photo or image located on your
- Reset Picture - If you've been a little too creative with the options
so far, click on Reset Picture to return the image to its original settings.
- Picture Styles (very cool) - Rest your mouse on one of the picture
styles to see a preview of the effect. Click on the style to apply it.
- Picture Shapes - Click on Picture Shapes to select a shape to insert
your picture into.
- Picture Border - Click on Picture Border to select a border color
- Picture Effects - Too many to mention! Click on Picture Effects
then on an effect type to view the choices available within that category.
Click on an effect to apply it.
- Bring to Front/Send to Back - Select how you wish the image to
stacked in relation to other images on the slice, e.g. which image is on
top of other images.
- Selection Pane - this is a new and useful feature in PowerPoint 2007
that assists you with selecting and displaying objects on a slide.
- Align and Group - The choices available within these lists depend
on whether you have selected an image or several drawing objects. Refer
to the Grouping and Ungrouping article
for more information.
- Rotate - Click on Rotate to view rotation options. Note: you can
also drag green handle above the shape to control rotation.
- Crop - Click on the Crop button to remove edges of the picture.
Drag the black handles in to remove edges of the image.
- Size - Select Size to adjust the size of the image. Refer to the
Sizing Images article for more information.