If desired you can record sound files on a slide. All you need is a headset!
By default, PowerPoint will save your recordings in a WAV format.
- In Normal view, display the slide you wish
to attach the sound file to. (You can skip this step if you wish to attach
the file to the first slide in your presentation.)
- Display the Slide Show ribbon then click
on the Record Narration button. The following window appears:
- Click on the Set Microphone Level if you have not yet done so or
if you are in a different room or environment from the last recording you
made in PowerPoint.
- Click on Change Quality to change the format and attributes of the
- If desired you can choose to link the narration to a specified location by
choosing the Browse button. If your narration will be long or if you
intend on creating many within the same presentation you may wish to link
to the file.
- Choose OK to begin recording. The following options appear:
- Choose Current Slide to attach the sound file to the slide displayed
or choose First Slide to attach the file to the first slide in your
presentation. Once selected the slide is displayed in Slide Show. Begin speaking.
When done, press the Esc key on your keyboard. The following option
- If you wish to save the timings with
the presentation choose Save. If you simply wish to save the recording
without the timings, choose Don't Save.
- PowerPoint Options - in the Advanced
options you can specify the kb file size to force sound file links. The default
is to link to sound files greater than 100kb
- Package for CD - always a good idea if you intend
to share the file outside of your organization and have (or may have) linked
- Inserting Sound Files - including how to customize
their play actions