Use the Slide Show to view your presentation in a full screen display.
Any special display effects such as transition
effects and animation settings are included
in the slide show.
Starting Slide Show
Start From Slide 1
To start your presentation from slide 1, do one of the following:
- Press the F5 function key.
- Display the View ribbon then click on the Slide
Start From Current Slide
To start your presentation from the selected slide or slide displayed on your
screen, do one of the following:
- Press Shift+F5 (hold down the Shift key then tap the F5 function
- Click on the Slide Show button in the bottom corner of the PowerPoint window.
Slide Show Controls
It's a very good idea to get familiar with the slide show controls before presenting yourself in front of an audience.
To advance to the next slide, use one of the following options:
- click the mouse once
- press the space bar or Enter key
- type the letter N (for Next)
- press the Page Down key on your keyboard
To return to the previous slide, press the letter P or press
the Page Up key on your keyboard
To exit the slide show, press the Esc key.
Also refer to Quick keys List During Slide Shows, below.
Mouse Options During A Slide Show
While running a presentation, click the right mouse button. The following
choices will appear:
- Choose Next or Previous to go to the next or previous slide.
- Choose Last Viewed to go to the last slide that was displayed.
- Choose Go to Slide to display a specific slide.
- Choose Custom Show to run a previously created Custom
- Choose Screen to view and select other screen options such as blacking
or whiting the screen or switching to another program.
- Choose Pointer Options to choose a pen type, pen color, switch
back to the arrow, etc.
- To end the show before the last slide, either choose Pointer
Options, End Show or simply press the Esc key on your keyboard.
- An effective way to refocus the audience on the speaker is to temporarily
blackout the screen display. To do this, choose Pointer Options, Screen,
Black Screen. To return the display of your presentation, click the
mouse or press Enter.
Quick Keys List During Slide Shows
The following quick keys are useful when running a presentation. Note this
list can be displayed by pressing F1 or by selecting Pointer Options,
Help during your show.