SmartArt allows you to create a variety of shapes to illustrate processes,
hierarchy, relationships and more!
Insert a SmartArt Shape
- In Normal view, display the slide you wish
to add a SmartArt object to.
- Display the Insert ribbon and click on the
the Illustrations area. The following choices are available.
- Select a shape then choose OK.
- The object appears in a box. The options displayed will differ slightly
depending on the shape you selected. The following illustrates the options
available when creating a pyramid.
- Enter the text you would like to display in the shape within the 'Type your
text here' window. If you need more items than shown simply press Enter after
the last item to create another row or element. If you need fewer rows or
elements, you can delete lines in the 'Type your text here' list.
- Click on any area of your page to finish.
An almost unlimited number of formatting controls and combinations!
- Select the shape you wish to format. Notice that when a shape is
selected, the Drawing Tools Design ribbon is displayed:
Also notice that a SmartArt Format ribbon is also available.
- Select the control or effect you wish to apply. Also note:
- Click on the Change Colors button on the Design ribbon to
apply a variety of color formats.
- Click on Promote or Demote buttons on the Design ribbon
to move an object up or down (or left/right) within the shape.
- Click on Text Wrapping or Position buttons on the Format
ribbon to control the placement of the object in relation to text on the page.
- Click on Rotate to rotate or flip the object.
- Click on the
button to the right of Shape Styles to access more Format Shape options.
Don't forget to play!
- Shapes - to create a variety of object shapes