In earlier versions of PowerPoint, to apply a set of color schemes and background
objects, you would select a Design Template. In PowerPoint 2007 you accomplish
the same thing by selecting a Presentation Theme.
A Theme is a collection of colors, background graphics, and formatting combinations.
You can easily select a Theme then customize it to suit your needs.
When you begin a new presentation you can
select a Theme or begin with a blank Theme then create one. You can also change
your mind part way through the development of your presentation and select a
The following instructions assume you have already started a presentation, the document is open, and you wish to apply a different Theme.
Apply a New Theme to an Existing Presentation
- Display the Design ribbon and notice the
buttons available within the Themes area of the ribbon.
- Click on a Theme to apply it (use the scroll bar at the right too) or click
on the button at the bottom of the scroll bar in the Themes area to access
the following options:
- Select a them to apply it. Also note:
- Click on More Themes on Microsoft Office Online to browse and
download additional Themes (there's some really good ones online!). You
will need Internet access and a valid copy of Microsoft Office in order
to download more Themes.
- Click on Browse for Themes if you have saved Themes that do not
appear in your list, i.e. saved elsewhere on a local or network drive.
- Click on Save Current Theme if you have customized a Theme and
might want to use it in other presentations.
- If desired,you can now customize the Theme Colors,
Theme Fonts, and Theme