Microsoft Excel 2010
The Comments feature can be used
to annotate worksheets and/or to provide input guidelines for the user. If
you are creating or editing several notes at a time, you may find it easiest
to turn on the Reviewing toolbar. If you want to keep track of changes made
to a workbook, refer to the Tracking
Displaying The Review Ribbon
- Display the Review ribbon. Notice the
choices available within the Comments area of the ribbon.
Insert A Comment
- Select the cell you wish to
add a comment to.
- Click on the New Comment button in the Review ribbon.
Or right mouse click in a cell and choose Insert
- In the popup box, type your comment then click anywhere outside
of the box to finish.
Your user name appears at the top of the comment.
If this information is not correct, you can change this within your Excel
- To view one comment at a time, point (don’t click) the mouse on
a red comment triangle.
- Use the Next and Previous buttons in the comments area of
the Review ribbon.
- To display all comments in the worksheet, click on Show all comments
in the comments area of the Review ribbon. Select this button again to hide
- To show or hide a single comment, select the cell that the comment is attached
to then click on Show/Hide Comment.
- Display all comments, as indicated under Viewing Comments,
- Click in the comment box you wish to change and make the appropriate
changes. Click anywhere outside the comment box to finish.
Or right mouse click in a cell and choose Edit
- To change the size of a comment box, display all comments, as described
above. Click on the box once then drag a corner handle in or out.
- To move a comment box, display all comments, as described above.
Click on the comment box you wish to move. Point at the border of the comment
box (your cursor will display as a four-pointed arrow). Drag the box to its
new location. The connecting line will adjust accordingly.
- Select in the cell to which the comment is attached.
- Click on the Delete Comment button in the Review ribbon.
Or right mouse click in a cell and choose Delete
You need to tell Excel to print comments with the worksheet.
- Display the Page Layout ribbon and click
on the button at
the right of Page Setup.
- Select the Sheet tab.
- Use the list button beside the Comments field to change the selection
- At end of sheet – to have the comments print after the worksheet.
- As displayed on sheet – meaning as displayed when all comments are
shown on the worksheet.
- Click on OK when done.
When you print the worksheet, the comments will also print.