Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
To create an organizational chart in PowerPoint you can either draw the boxes and lines yourself, using Shapes or create the Org chart using the Hierarchy SmartArt tool.
The following instructions refer to using the Hierarchy SmartArt tool to create your Org chart.
- In Normal view, display the slide you wish
to add a SmartArt object to.
- Display the Insert ribbon and click on the
the Illustrations area.
Alternatively, you can click on the SmartArt icon in the center of the slide layout, if present.
- Select Hierarchy from the choices available. The following window appears:
- Select a style from those shown in the middle column. An empty Hierarchy object appears with a corresponding text box, e.g.
- Click into the boxes to type names, titles, etc. By default, the text will resize as you type. You can close the corresponding text box, if desired.
- Use the options available in the Design and Formatting ribbons to affect the boxes and structure of your hierarchy (Org chart):
- Use the Add Shape button to add more shapes/boxes to type into.
- Use the Promote or Demote button to move shapes up (promote) or down (demote) - depending on the format of your chart.
- Use the Layouts options to select a different Hierarchy layout.
- Use the Change Colors button to apply a different color set.
- Select a SmartArt Style to apply to your object.
- If you've experimented (a bit too much), click on the Reset Graphic button to reset it to the default (that you started with).
- Use the Convert button to convert your object to shapes or to text.
- Experiment with choices available in the Format ribbon (the combination of options is almost limitless!). Remember, if you don't like the affect, just Undo.