Microsoft Word 2010
The File ribbon (it's actually just a tab but we'll call it a ribbon for consistency) gives you access to common filing and printing functions as well as document information.
Click on File in the ribbon bar. The following window appears:
Click on an area of this picture to jump to that article in HDO.
- Choose Save to save the document. If you have not saved it before you will be prompted for a file name and location. Also refer to the Understanding File Navigation article.
- Choose Save As if you've already saved the document and wish to save it with a different name. Also refer to the Saving Documents article.
- Choose Open to open a document (that was previously saved). Also refer to the Understanding File Navigation article.
- Choose Close to close an open document. If you have made changes to the document you will be prompted to save the changes (you can choose No, if desired.)
- Choose Info to access document properties, document permissions/protection, prepare a document for sharing, and access previous versions.
- Choose Recent to view a list of recently used documents.
- Choose New to begin a new document.
- Choose Print to Print a document or document information.
- Choose Save & Send to save the document and send it using email, to the Web, to SharePoint, Publish as a Blog Post, change File Type, create a PDF/XPS Document, or send as Internet Fax.
- Choose Help to access Microsoft Help information and view product version information.
- Choose Options to access your MS Word Options.
- Choose Exit to exit MS Word.